Extension of Program
- Extension of Program Form
To be completed and signed by Academic Dean for undergraduate students and Graduate Program Director (GPD) for graduate students to certify student request for extension of program.
Detailed instructions on how to apply for extension of program
- Extension of Program Form (Non-Degree)
To be completed and signed by the Non-Degree Program Director, or by the Director of Global Education for Study Abroad/Exchange students, to certify student request for extension of program.
All students registered below full-time must complete one of the following two forms (appropriate to their situation) and submit it to the Center EVERY SEMESTER in which they are registered less than full-time
Detailed information on "Full Course of Study" vs. Full-Time Registration
- Reduced Credit/Course Load Form
Must be signed by graduate program director or undergraduate dean
- Confirmation of Less than Full-Time Form
Does not require GPD/dean signature, but applies only in restricted cases where students have been approved for reduced credit in the previous semester based on completion of all degree requirements except dissertation/thesis
- Reduced Credit/Course Load Form for Students in the Mason Gross School of the Arts
Due to special academic conditions, students in the Mason Gross School of the Arts should use this form to apply for reduced credit authorization. The form must be signed by a Graduate Program Director or Academic Dean.
- Certification for Curricular Practical Training Forms
- Preceptor’s Certification for CPT Authorization
For students applying for CPT and enrolled in the PharmD degree.
- Certification for OPT Form
- OPT Application Checklist
- OPT Dates Worksheet
- Preparing your OPT Application: A Tutorial
- Preparing your STEM OPT Application: A Tutorial
- Request for 24 Month STEM OPT Form
- STEM OPT Application Checklist
- OPT Data Update Form
SEVIS requires students on post-completion OPT and STEM OPT extension to report the receipt of their EAD card, and periodic updates to their employment, address and other information. Failure to provide these updates in a timely manner can lead to a loss of legal status and termination of a student's SEVIS record. For more details please review carefully the information and instructions on this form.
- J-1 Academic Training Instructions for Degree Students
- Certification of J-1 Academic Training
- J-1 Academic Training Instructions for Non-degree Students
- Academic Official's Recommendation for J-1 Academic Training – for Non-degree Students
- Instructions for Employment Based on Severe Economic Hardship for F-1 Students
- Employment Based on Unforeseen Economic Circumstances for J-1 Students
- Employer’s Certification Form for J-1 Economic Hardship
- Obtaining a Social Security Number
- On-Campus Job Confirmation Letter for SSN Applicants for F-1 & J-1 Students
All F-1 & J-1 students applying for an SSN are required to have this form completed with original signatures of the employing unit and a Center staff member.
- Employment Verification and Payroll Form for J-1 Students
All J-1 students working on campus are required to have this form completed for each new job with original signatures of the employing unit and a Center staff member.
- International Payroll Form
Form required by Rutgers Payroll for all F-1, J-1 and H-1B visa holders employed by Rutgers; form is given out ONLY at the Center and is signed by a Center staff member during an "On Campus Employment Workshop"
- Hints to Finding a Job On-Campus
- Obtaining a Travel Signature
- Travel and Visa Information
- Visa Application Information
- Confirming Full-Time Attendance Policy at Rutgers University
All students departing Rutgers are required to complete one of the following forms:
- Request to Close SEVIS Record and End Rutgers' Visa Sponsorship
Required of all students at the time of ending Rutgers' visa sponsorship; students who fail to submit this form risk being erroneously reported to SEVIS, which will almost surely create problems for them at a later date if they remain in the U.S. or plan to return to the U.S. in the future
- Request to Close SEVIS Record Based on Approved/ Pending Permanent Residency Application
- Transfer-Out Form
Required of all students who want to transfer their visa sponsorship/SEVIS record to a different school (also applies to those that are looking to transfer from Rutgers Undergraduate to Rutgers Graduate and vice-versa).
- Temporary Absence from the U.S. While Maintaining Registration
Required of all students who want to maintain their legal status while being out of the country for an extended period of time.
- Request for Dependent Visa Document
- Dependent Request To Close SEVIS Record and End Rutgers' Visa Sponsorship
For those that want to request their dependent to be removed from their SEVIS record.
- Instructions on Application for Employment Authorization for J-2 Visa Holders
- Inviting Relatives other than Visa Dependents
- Request for Exemption: International Health Insurance Fees
Must be completed and submitted for each semester in which a student requests exemption from the automatic fee.
- General Academic Information Form for F-1 Students
Multiple-use form for Center requiring an academic official's certification, used to obtain a variety of data items regarding academic program and progress
- Global Services Data Form
Required for updated information about student
- Foreign Address Change Form
- Change of U.S. Address Instructions
- International Student Adviser's Report for Graduate Students
For joint program graduate students transferring into Rutgers or graduate students transferring from one Rutgers campus to another
- International Student Adviser's Report for Undergraduate Students
For Rutgers undergraduate students transferring from one Rutgers campus to another
- Instructions on Application for Change of Status to F-1
- Instructions on Application for Change of Status from F-1 to F-2
- Obtaining an Individual Tax Payer Identification Number
- Certification of Funds
Form used to update USCIS on U.S. address changes
Form used by those subject to Special Registration to update USCIS on U.S. address changes
Form used by non-immigrants to apply for a new or replacement Form I-94 or I-95 nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure document
Anyone who is employed in the U.S. is required to fill this form and submit it to their employer.
Form used to request changes from one nonimmigrant category to another and used by F-1 non-immigrants seeking reinstatement of status
This is the Application for Employment Authorization, it is used to request optional practical training