Welcome to Rutgers!
NEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION - AUGUST 25 to AUGUST 30
Click Here for a Detailed Program
- Pre-Departure Check-List
- Mapping Out Your Arrival at Rutgers (what you need to do once you get here)
- Check-In and Document Verification: All international students must complete a mandatory check-in process at the Center to activate their SEVIS records. Check your orientation schedule for check-in times, if you miss check-in during orientation, you must complete the process during regular working hours immediately after. You can check-in prior to orientation as well. Bring a completed Global Services Data Form, your I-20/DS-2019, Passport & I-94 card/printout with you.
- Global Services Data Form
- Pre-Orientation Activities for Graduate Students
- Shopping Trip Sign-Up Form for pre-orientation shopping trips
Online check-in for J-1 researchers, professors, and student interns is now available. As of July 1, 2014, J-1 visitors will be required to check-in online by logging into https://visarequest.rutgers.edu/Visitorlogin.aspx
The Center for Global Services coordinates cultural programs and immigration-related services for approximately 6000 international students, scholars, faculty, and their dependents, and serves the broader campus community in an administrative and advisory capacity.
The Center's mission is to provide quality and timely services, to demystify federal immigration regulations as much as possible for the university constituencies we serve, and to assist members of the campus' international community in the cultural adjustment process.
The Center for Global Services is a part of the university-wide
Centers for Global Advancement and International Affairs (GAIA Centers). The GAIA Centers work toward developing a comprehensive, campus-wide set of international initiatives and services, initiating collaborative projects and strategic partnerships around the world, and expanding students' opportunities for international study and research.